Monday, December 10, 2007

Third print



I have finished my third and final print of the series. The Text reads. You came crashing down around me, you pushed me under the water, but I feel I can surface now.
I was inspired by the work of Japanese artist Katsushika Hokusai and his work Great Wave off of Kanagawa. I loved the style of his work and the feeling of the water.
The second image I went back in and added red paper on the life preserver. I'm not sure which one I prefer, I would love your feedback...

1 comment:

libbyhansen said...

Hey Liv,
Don't be alarmed when you go to your desk in the shop...I'm sharing with you. We are on opposite days, so it shouldn't be a problem. A couple of us had "reserved" our desks last semester, but the cover papers must have been tossed. Anyways, maybe I will leave you secret desk buddy gifts! ;D